February 24, 2019

Top developer Ethereum left the project because of the scandal around Polkadot and harassment.

Afrium Schoedon, Parity Technologies' release manager, announced his retirement from the Ethereum community because of a scandal that flared up around his statement about the Polkadot project.

“I did not leave social networks, I left Ethereum. I did not go into the shadows, I just left the community. I no longer coordinate hard forks, I do not develop test sheets, I don’t participate in any way. I have never worked on a Polkadot project, I have worked exclusively on Ethereum. I did not hate him, but I loved him, ”he wrote in a remote tweet.

In the comments for Breaker Magazine, Shoedon stressed that he will remain in Parity, but he is already considering new proposals from fast-growing projects that do not have a native token.

Earlier, Schoedon said that the Polkadot project actually offers the same thing as Serenity (or Ethereum 2.0). Many members of the community immediately accused him of a conflict of interest, sabotaging the development of Ethereum, and even conspiracy. As a result, targeted harassment in social networks forced him to leave the project, despite the support of leading developers in an open letter.

He stated that Polkadot was never a competitor to Ethereum, and the reason for his statement was discontent with the slow development of the latter.